|Here I am with Nancy Andrews|
|Here I am with Pattie Boyd|
- Were you one of the Apple Scruffs? No. Unfortunately I was not yet born when the Apple Scruffs were hanging around 3 Savile Row and EMI.
- Then who are you? My name is Sara Schmidt. I am a 40-something 2nd generation Beatles fan who lives outside of St. Louis, Missouri in the United States. Basically I am no one special. I am just a normal gal who teaches reading to elementary school kids. I have been a Beatles fan since the late 1980's.
- How many times have you met the Beatles? Zero. I personally have never met one of the Beatles. I still have hope that someday I will. I have seen Paul in concert 7 times (one time he read my sign during the concert) and Ringo in concert 4 times (and he pointed to me!). I have met tons of Beatles related people, including Pete Best.
- How long have you been collecting Beatles photos? I started collecting Beatles photos in magazines and book since the late 1980's. Then around 1996, I started collecting Beatles photos digitally online. I also purchase Beatles photos from online auctions and flea markets.
- Where do you get all these photos? If I gave away all my secrets, then everyone would know where to find them. I get the photos from a variety of places. As I said, I have been collecting photos online since 1996, so I have a large amount of Beatles photos on discs from way back. I also scan every book and magazine that I own. I am good at doing online searches and find a variety of rare photos on the Internet. I also look through online auctions (current and old ones), blogs, facebooks, myspace, flickr, tumblr, google images, stock photos sights, newspaper archives and anywhere else that might have Beatles photos with fans.
- How much money do you make off this blog? I decided when I started this blog in 2009 that I wasn't going to have ads or make money in anyway off this blog. It didn't seem fair to me that I was using photos and stories that were other people's and making money off of it. If anything I spend a ton of money on this blog. While the site itself is free on blogger, I spend hundreds of dollars on magazines, books, photos, and a variety of things just for the purpose of posting them on this blog. I will admit that I have received and handful of free Beatles books, a DVD and a few other Beatles things plus free shipping because of this blog.
- Why don't you ever put watermarks on your photos? A lot of Beatles photos I see online have watermarks on them. Most likely I don't own the photo. I don't want to ruin the integrity of the original photo by putting my watermark on the photo, even if it was small. Besides, it isn't my photo! I don't own it. I don't want other people to think that I own something I don't own. I personally hate watermarks with a passion. You scanned a photo? Good for you. I have scanned thousands of Beatles photos over the past 15 years. It doesn't make you special. Yes, scanning photos takes time, but this is a hobby and hobbies take time. You don't deserve credit for simply scanning a photo.
- Do you own any of the photos here? Yes. Obviously any photos that I have taken at a concert or event myself I own. I have also bought a few photos on high-scale auctions that came with copyright. You will know of those photos because they will say "copyright: Sara Schmidt" on them. I don't put watermarks on them. If you would like to share any of the photos that I own from my personal collection, please ask me first. I almost always say yes and just want a link back to this blog.
- Hey! You have my photo on this blog! I never told you that you could do that! I want it removed! Where did you find it! I could sue you! *sigh* I hate emails like this and they make me cry. I am sorry if I make anyone upset by sharing their Beatles photo. That is never my intention. I post photos here for educational and historical purposes and never to make money. If you see a photo that belongs to you, please please please do not file a formal complaint until you speak to me about it. I will promptly act on all requests to remove photos from the blog. Your photo will be moved into a file on a flash drive called "not to share online" so that I don't accidentally share it again. I try to locate the photographers or copyright holders and ask for permission whenever I can. I don't always succeed and I just go ahead and post the photo anyway. I have learned that about 95% of the people do not mind and actual are happy to share their photo. But about 5% are angry about it. If you are in that 5% please think about why it makes you angry. Are you trying to make money off of your Beatles photos? That is understandable. Let us know when your photos are available to purchase. Also please remember that if you took a photo of the Beatles and ever shared it with anyone, then it is out there in the public. People have made copies upon copies over the years of great photos and passed them around in the pen pal circles. One of those copies somehow got into my hands and I shard it. That is most likely what happened.
- Who is on the team of Meet the Beatles...For Real? Team? There isn't a team of people that work on this blog. There is just me, Sara. I am always looking for people who are a bit in the know around the globe to share Beatles photos and information with me. People email me photos and stories to share, but overall it is just me trying my best to run a Beatles blog in the same way Beatle fanzines in the 1970's and 1980's were ran.