Well I guess I am ready to make the official announcement on the Meet the Beatles....for Real blog. I, Sara Schmidt am writing a Beatles book! It has been my dream since I was in the 4th grade to write a book and ever since I attended my first Beatlefest 20 years ago, I wanted to write a Beatles book. I had started numerous Beatle books over the years and they never went any further than research.
However, this is very different. I am writing a book about the Beatles in St. Louis. Right now I am focusing on having it out for the summer of 2016, to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Beatles concert in St. Louis.
So I am looking for all of you wonderful MTBFR readers to help me out if you can.
- I am looking for any memories of fans who saw the Beatles at Busch Stadium on August 21, 1966. I am also looking for any memorabilia or newsclippings from this concert.
- I also will have a chapter about the George Harrison concert at the St. Louis Arena in November 1974. I am in need of any information about this concert and especially memories of anyone who was there. Any news paper clippings or memorabilia would be helpful as well.
- George's trip in Benton, Illinois in 1963 will also have a chapter. Most of this information I have gathered over the years on my own. However, if anyone has anything of interest about this trip, I would love to hear it. There is some dispute as to if George actually went into St. Louis and talked to KXOK radio or not.
- I will also have a chapter about Paul's solo concerts in St. Louis. I was at the 2002 and 2012 concerts, but was not able to go to the 1993 concert at Busch Stadium. Any photos, concert memories of the Paul solo shows in St. Louis would be awesome.
- And of course I can't leave out Ringo! Anyone will photos or memories of Ringos' concerts in St. Louis would be awesome as well.
As you see there is a lot of help that I need. If you are able to help me, please send emails to the special email I have set up just for this project. Beatlesbusch66@gmail.com
And no need to worry, as I am working on the book, I will still updating MTBFR and having the usual fun around here. I hope that I can count on all of you for support during this process.
Peace and Love,